The BOSS DAC is a unique DAC. It is the best analog implementation of the PCM5122 on the market, while at same time correcting the clock problem from RPI.
The BOSS is a very solid implementation of the PCM IC that will give you the greatest bang for your buck. It will sound great no matter what you throw at it.
• Compatibility: RPI only. Isolator board (at 192Khz). Relay attenuator.
• PSU: BOSS v1.2 can be powered independently after removing the jumper
• Latest generation ULTRA low phase noise NDK oscillators (SDA series)
• Dedicated Type C USB connector to feed 5V 3A independently
• Optimized component layout
• New film capacitors on analog stage
• BOSS 1.2 is a Master DAC compatible only with RPI 2 and 3
• Compatible with OSMC / Max2Play / RuneAudio / Volumio / Moode / PiCorePlayer / PiMusicBox / OpenELEC and others + Roon Ready
• Dedicated 384 kHz/32bit high-quality DAC PCM5122 for best sound quality
• Audio output connectors: 2 x RCA (Left & Right ) & Allo Volt Amp header
• Sampling Frequency ranges from 8 kHz to 384 kHz
• Ultra-low-noise voltage regulators & LPF for optimal audio performance
• Integrated EEPROM for automatic configuration (with write-protection)
• Automatically switching frequencies according to the input I2S signals