The DSD-MR MK2 is our top-line Digital to Analog converter, specifically made for the most enthusiastic audiophiles who prefer analogue-like sound, comparable to state-of-the-art vinyl and respectable reel-to-reel machines.
It is an all-hand-made boutique, designed and built with the best possible audio quality in mind, cost-no-object.
Inspired by pure analog sound quality, the DSD-MR MK2 pleases with a very natural sonic character that is truly unique.
From the DSD512 processing rate to the differential transformer-coupled Class-A tube output stage, the DSD-MR proves technology and refinement of the highest level.
The DSD-MR MK2 is based on a modular design, allowing a cost-effective future upgradability of any internal stage.
- Proprietary asynchronous USB input module accepting PCM up to 384kHz/32 bit, up to DSD128 in DoP format and up to DSD512 in NativeDSD format.
- Please note that both 44.1kHz and 48kHz based DSD data is accepted.
- Proprietary PCM to DSD converter module with DSD128 and DSD256 capabilities, user selectable from the remote control.
- DSD256 and DSD512 PCM to DSD conversion possible in Zero non-oversampling digital filter mode.
- Proprietary Normal and Slow linear phase 64 bit user selectable digital filters for PCM processing.
- Proprietary Pure DSD Digital to Analog conversion module. No off-the-shelf devices.
- Ultra-low-jitter Femto Master Clocks.
- Proprietary 10 pin RJ-45 input for connecting our DTR-MR digital transport or the DNP-SR network player.
Analog Output Stage
- Custom Lundahl interstage and output transformers with Oxygen Free Copper windings.
- Pure Class-A, Differential tube stage featuring ECC99 tubes.
- Entirely passive current to voltage conversion and DSD analog filtering.
- Zero Negative Feedback.
- Non-magnetic resistors.
- No capacitors on the signal path.
- No Op Amps.
- No mechanical contacts on the signal path.
- Solid core Oxygen Free Copper internal wiring.
- Oversized Custom P-Core balanced main power transformer.
- Delayed High-Voltage supply, after tubes warm-up, for increased tubes life.
- High quality Lundahl choke for the tube power supply.
- High grade, specially selected rectifiers and passive components.
Convenience and mechanical
- Large FLD display made by Noritake in Japan.
- Custom selectable color filters for the display. Red, Blue and Green. Please specify when ordering.
- Microprocessor control with last settings memory.
- Aluminum Infrared Remote Control capable of controlling the DTR-MR digital transport and HAS-MR hybrid amplifier.
- All-Aluminum enclosure with machined 20 millimeters thick front panel.
- 2-years warranty/6-months for the tubes with an available 3-year warranty extension, with an online product registration, excluding the tubes.
Please visit https://aplhifi.com/register/
- Two RCA Coaxial digital inputs.
- AES/EBU professional standard balanced digital input.
- TOSLINK Optical digital input.
- Note! RCA, AES/EBU and Optical inputs accepting up to 192kHz/24bit PCM.
- USB input accepting PCM up to 384kHz/32bit, up to DSD128 in DoP and up to DSD512 in NativeDSD format. Both 44.1kHz and 48kHz based DSD.
- Note! All PCM rates from RCA, AES/EBU, Optical and USB digital inputs are converted to DSD128, DSD256 and DSD512 in Zero filter mode.
- Two DTR inputs using balanced I2S transmission protocol for connecting to DTR-MR digital transport and DNP-SR network player.
- Single Ended RCA outputs with top-line Furutech Rhodium plated RCA connectors.
- Balanced XLR outputs with top-line Furutech Rhodium plated connectors.
- Note! RCA and XLR outputs cannot be used simultaneously. Please select RCA or XLR from switch on the back.
- Output level – 2.5V RMS at 0dBFS.
- Output impedance – approximately 100 Ohms.
Power input and fuses
- IEC power inlet made by Furutech NCF series.
- 115V or 230V / 50-60Hz, factory pre-set.
- Other power input voltages available on request.
- 0.1A fuse for standby power supply.
- 2A special ceramic fuse.
Dimensions and weight
- W450 x H120 x D380 millimeters.
- Height with feet included – 140 millimeters.
- Weight – 24.5kg unpacked.
- Infrared Remote Control.
- User Manual.
- Certificate of Authenticity.