Trickled down from NAD’s Masters Series, the C 399’s HybridDigital nCore amplifier can deliver 180 Watts per channel continuous power, and 250 Watts per channel instantaneous power. Highly efficient and remarkably powerful, the HybridDigital nCore amplifier can produce musical transients effortlessly. The design is renowned for its wide bandwidth, flat frequency response, clean clipping behaviour with instant recovery, high current capability, and stability into demanding low-impedance speaker loads. Noise and distortion are vanishingly low under all operating conditions. The minute levels of harmonic distortion are dominated by sonically benign second and third harmonics. The Hypex nCore design enables the C 399 to produce neutral, distortion-free sound even at very high listening levels, with exquisite detail, superb portrayal of space, and thrilling dynamics.
Also trickled down from the Masters Series is the ESS Sabre 9028 high-resolution DAC, a design noted for near-zero levels of clock jitter, ultra-low noise and distortion, and wide dynamic range. This premium DAC enables the C 399 to reproduce all your digital sources with amazing musicality, stunning clarity, and precise soundstaging.
NAD C399 Integrated Amplifier
- Continuous output power into 8 ohms and 4 ohms: >180W (ref. 20 Hz-20 kHz at rated THD, both channels driven)
- THD (20 Hz – 20 kHz): <0.02% (250 mW to 180 W, 8 ohms and 4 ohms)
- Signal/Noise Ratio: >95 dB (A-weighted, 500 mV input, ref. 1 W out in 8 ohms)
- Clipping power: 210W (at 1 kHz 0.1 % THD)
- IHF dynamic power: 8 ohms: 217 W, 4 ohms: 400 W, 2 ohms: 506.4 W
- Peak output current: >26 A (in 1 ohm, 1 ms)
- Damping factor: >150 (ref. 8 ohms, 20Hz to 6.5kHz)
- Frequency Response: ±0.3 dB (20 Hz – 20 kHz)
- Channel Separation: >90dB (1 kHz), >75dB (10 kHz)
- Input sensitivity (for 180 W in 8 ohms): Line In: 201 mV
- Gross dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 120 x 390mm
- Net Weight: 11.2kg
- Shipping Weight: 13.6kg