RPM 5 Carbon utilises a radical concept with a lot of innovations, that originate from its big brother RPM 9 Carbon: A low resonance chassis holds a newly designed inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball for further reduced rumble. The acoustically inert platter is made from acrylic. An outboard 15V AC motor is smoothly driven using an ultra-precision AC generator with DC power supply for further enhanced speed stability. The classy 9“ Evo tonearm, which is made from carbon fibre is suitable for any high-quality MM or MC cartridge. A TPE-damped counterweight eliminates unwanted resonances.
The RPM 5 Carbon is available with or without Ortofon 2M-Silver cartridge. A super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Pro-Ject Connect it E phono cable is included.
Pro-Ject RPM 5 Carbon 2M Silver Turntable
- Precision belt drive using free-standing synchronous motor
- Ultra-precision DC-driven AC generator motor power
- Inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball
- Acoustical inert acrylic platter
- 9” cc EVO tonearm made from carbon
- Counterweight with TPE damping
- Adjustable aluminium tip-toe feet
- Available with or without Ortofon 2M Silver cartridge
- Three high-gloss colours (black, red, white)
- Lid available as an option
Speed 33, 45 (manual speed change) Drive principle Belt drive Platter 300 mm acrylic Mains bearing Stainless steel axle with ceramic ball Speed drift 33: +/- 0.12% I 45: +/- 0.10% Wow & flutter 33: +/- 0.17% I 45: +/- 0.08% Signal to noise 73dB Tonearm 9” EVO carbon Effective arm length 230 mm Effective arm mass 8 g Overhang 18 mm Tracking force 0 - 25 mN Included accessories 15 volts DC / 500 mA power supply Power connection 110/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz Power consumption 5 watt max / < 0,5 watt standby Dimensions 430 x 150 x 323 mm (WxHxD) Weight 8.0 kg net